I turned 28 last Sunday...crazy!! I had a very low key, but fun weekend. My mama and I went on our usual birthday shopping trip since our birthdays are two weeks apart. We always go to Lincoln City and hit the outlet mall. I absolutely love this trip! We normally stay the night, but we just opted for a day trip, since I'm overly attached to my child... :) Treyton stayed home and watched football with his dada and had a blast together. Mom got me a new running suit, shoes and some new PINK sweats (my daily uniform.) We finished our day off by eating prawns at Pier 101. It was so delicious! Thanks mama for such an amazing trip! Can't wait until next year!
On Sunday my mom watched Trey, so that Jason and I could go out to eat and watch a movie. We headed over to Corvallis and ate at Ruby Tuesday's and took in Resident Evil 3d. We rarely go to the movies, so when we do we like to watch movies with good special effects. All in all it was a fantastic birthday weekend. :)
Another exciting thing going on in my life right now is that I'm going to get to see Beth Moore live in October!!! I'm so excited for this trip!! Katie and I will be driving up to Spokane to see her. We even get to stay the night. It will be a mom's weekend...hoorah!I absolutely love my Beth Moore. I suggest that all women should read one of her books. She's and inspiration to all Christian women. She loves all, which is what many Christians are lacking. I could go on and on about this woman! Here is a little quote by Beth Moore that gives you an insight on this amazing woman's outlook on life:
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly shouting, 'Wow! What a ride! Thank You, Lord!'" --Beth Moore
Doesn't this sound like your life? We are not perfect beings...we never will be, but we can do it all with Jesus on our side!
Twenty-Eight....wow. I am starting to embrace the fact that I will be thirty soon. I absolutely love my new "boring" lifestyle. I look forward to see what God's plan is for my family. I look forward to having more children and to watch them grow. I can't wait to attend my children's athletic and academic events. I also look forward to seeing my friend's families grow. I could keep going, but I'll leave you with this. Getting older isn't that bad, your life gets fuller and I have a feeling that life will continue to get better from here. Thank you Jesus! :)
On Sunday my mom watched Trey, so that Jason and I could go out to eat and watch a movie. We headed over to Corvallis and ate at Ruby Tuesday's and took in Resident Evil 3d. We rarely go to the movies, so when we do we like to watch movies with good special effects. All in all it was a fantastic birthday weekend. :)
Another exciting thing going on in my life right now is that I'm going to get to see Beth Moore live in October!!! I'm so excited for this trip!! Katie and I will be driving up to Spokane to see her. We even get to stay the night. It will be a mom's weekend...hoorah!I absolutely love my Beth Moore. I suggest that all women should read one of her books. She's and inspiration to all Christian women. She loves all, which is what many Christians are lacking. I could go on and on about this woman! Here is a little quote by Beth Moore that gives you an insight on this amazing woman's outlook on life:
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly shouting, 'Wow! What a ride! Thank You, Lord!'" --Beth Moore
Doesn't this sound like your life? We are not perfect beings...we never will be, but we can do it all with Jesus on our side!
Twenty-Eight....wow. I am starting to embrace the fact that I will be thirty soon. I absolutely love my new "boring" lifestyle. I look forward to see what God's plan is for my family. I look forward to having more children and to watch them grow. I can't wait to attend my children's athletic and academic events. I also look forward to seeing my friend's families grow. I could keep going, but I'll leave you with this. Getting older isn't that bad, your life gets fuller and I have a feeling that life will continue to get better from here. Thank you Jesus! :)
Comments
Post a Comment