Grace

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9


Two years ago today we lost our first baby to a miscarriage. Not everyone knows that we had a miscarriage, because we got pregnant with Trey a few months later. I never want to forget about our sweet little angel baby. It was a very devastating thing that we and our families had to endure. We weren't sure how to mourn. We had seen this baby on a ultrasound a few weeks earlier and then it was just gone. Just like that. It took us a couple months to have the courage to try for another baby. I was so thankful for my relationship with God during this time. He granted me Grace and understanding on why this had happened to us. Of course I questioned Him and pleaded, but His Grace was sufficent for me and His power was made perfect in my weakness. Don't you just love that verse? I wish that everyone could have this verse on hand! I don't know how anyone can get through hardships without him. He granted me Faith, Hope, and Courage to try again. He filled my heart with determination that I would become a mom. I went into my pregnancy with Trey as a warrior. God granted me peace (well I did have some high blood pressure due to some anxiety, but who wouldn't? :)) to know that this baby was mine.


This became my favorite quote after my miscarriage from the amazing book Purpose Drive Life, "God is never in a hurry, but He's always on time." At first I couldn't figure out why God had me go through some a horrible thing, but I continued to pray and trust Him. The pieces slowly began to fit together. I became the Program Director at our local Boys & Girls Club a month after our miscarriage. Here I was able to impact hundreds of kid's lives. Trey's due date was two weeks after the school year ended, so I was able to work a full school year with some wonderful childern whom many came from broken homes. My job was stressful, but so rewarding. I'm hoping that I was able to make their days brighter and give them a little more Hope for their future. I am so thankful that I was able to work with these kiddos for the year.


It's hard to be patient and trust God, but he truly does deliver. You sometimes have to go through a hardship to see God's greatness.


This post is dedicated to our sweet baby angel Enright who we know is in Heaven with our Father. We love you and miss you and will see you soon! :)

Comments